It is very important that families understand that each class has a YEARLY TUITION FEE. You are hiring the teacher to do a job for your family. When you register for a class or classes, you are entering into a binding agreement and commitment with each teacher. It is not fair to the teacher for a parent to rescind their agreement and commitment to the teacher. Each teacher is making financial decisions for their own family based on the number of students they have enrolled in their classes. For many of our teachers, this is how they earn a living for their families. Please view your commitment to fully pay for all classes as a business transaction. Be honorable and trustworthy and pay each person what is owed to them.
We allow the annual fee to be paid in a maximum of 8 installments, and every parent must understand, commit, and agree to pay the YEARLY TUITION FEE IN FULL, EVEN IF THE CLASS IS DROPPED BEFORE THE SCHOOL YEAR ENDS. If your student must drop the class before the year’s end, payment for the class MUST continue. The class fee is not based on whether your student is able to complete the class or not. The only exception is if the class is dropped within the 6-week drop period. For classes dropped during the 6-week drop period, no more tuition payments will be required; however, no money paid up to that time will be reimbursed.
As an example, when we buy curriculum for the year, we pay for the full price of the curriculum, whether or not the materials are fully used. When our students enroll in college classes, tuition for a class is a set fee that is paid for up front. No reimbursements are given if the student drops the class before the semester ends. Star Academy has the same policy. Therefore: Please know that when you signs your students up for classes at Star Academy, you WILL BE responsible for making the full payment for each class.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING POLICIES AND PAYMENT INFORMATION:
- ALL FEES PAID AT REGISTRATION ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Registration fees, lab fees, copy & book fees and an eighth of the annual tuition are due at registration.
- The first installment of tuition (paid at registration) will cover the August and December payments.
- ALL CLASSES AT STAR ACADEMY HAVE A YEARLY TUITION FEE. This fee must be paid in full whether or not the class is dropped at some point during the year after the 6-week drop period. We allow the parent to pay the yearly class fee over the course of 8 equal payments. But please be aware, that the full class fee must be paid.
- Tuition fees can be paid for a full semester or year, rather than as eight payments, if desired.
- Post-dated checks may be written at the beginning of the school year to pay for the entire school year for those who do not wish to remember to pay at the beginning of each month. We highly encourage this. It is very helpful for parents, Star Admin, and the teachers.
- We accept CHECKS or CASH ONLY.
- To give plenty of time for payments to come in, tuition will be collected for 2 weeks – the last Tuesday of the month (for the upcoming month) and the first Tuesday of the month (for that month). Tuition dates for each year can be found on the Academic Calendar.
- Tuition payments before a student's first class on the first Tuesday of each month. All payments received after the student's first class on the first Tuesday of the month are considered late and WILL incur a late fee (our tutors leave after they are finished teaching and since most do not teach all day timeliness is important. See “Late Tuition Fees” below).
- Please put all payments in the locked metal box at the check-in table. DO NOT GIVE PAYMENTS TO TEACHERS!!
- Please make checks out directly to the teacher and NOT to Star Academy.
- If paying with cash, have exact change for every teacher. We cannot make change at class day. Please put your cash payment in envelopes and put student name, teacher name. class and amount inclosed on the front of the envelope. Use a separate envelope for each teacher.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please pay for tuition upon arrival, not when you are picking up your students. We have teachers who are only at class day for an hour or two each week. After they teach, they leave. If you haven’t paid upon arrival, then your teachers may not receive their pay until the following week.
Tuition Schedule for the year:
- Due at registration — lab/book fees + one eighth annual tuition (or full annual tuition or one half annual tuition)
- September — one eighth annual tuition due
- October — one eighth annual tuition due
- November — one eighth annual tuition due
- December —no tuition due
- January — one eighth annual tuition (or one half annual tuition) due
- February —one eighth annual tuition due
- March — one eighth annual tuition due
- April — one eighth annual tuition due
- May —no tuition due
Some months have 3 weeks and others have 5 or 1 (like May). We have arranged the schedule so that there are 8 equal payments to make on the dates indicated above. Please do not prorate your payments based on the number of weeks in a particular month. A full tuition payment is due on each of the dates above. Thank you!
Late Tuition Fees
Any payments not made on time, for any reason, must pay a $5 late fee per class, PER WEEK, in addition to the monthly payment. Every payment day there are students who are out due to sickness, vacation, religious holidays, or other reasons. These are not reasons to not have payments in on time. If payments are late for any reason, a late fee of $5 per class per week must be paid. If tuition + fees have not been paid by the second week of the month, the student/s will not be allowed to attend class.
No payment = No classes. No exceptions.
Our teachers are dependent upon prompt monthly tuition payments, and Star Academy is dependent upon faithful parent volunteers to work in the study hall each week. It is very important that we have everyone’s full cooperation with the above payment policies.